Revelation 3:8 (New International Version)
I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

The child is the beauty of God present in the world – that greatest gift to a family.” (Blessed Teresa of Calcutta)

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Less then 2 weeks to go before we meet the children

The girls Lilliana and Pam (please remember these are not their real names) are still in the hospital. Pam (who we will name Sophia) is doing much better then Lilliana (who we will name Amellia). Sophia is wearing 6- 12 mos clothes. Lilliana is to small for 6-12 month clothes. Can you imagine? An 11 year old fitting into newborn to 3 month clothes? I do not know anything new about the boys at this time.
Having 10 days left seems like a long time but it really isn't, not when you have packing, house cleaning, food shopping and paperwork to do along with some doctor/dentist appointments.
Update on the girls: There is a very special woman who has been visiting the girls in the hospital her name is Sasha. She has given us updates.

"I went to see the girls today. It sounds like they'll be leaving the hospital to go back to the institution on Saturday but it's possible they might not leave until Monday. It seems like Dr. L is looking for a way to keep Liliana there longer but I am not sure if it will happen. I told her that I'll be getting some diapers to send back and I offered to get some formula too. Liliana is on a special formula so I'll try to get 2-3 boxes of that kind to send back. Dr. L mentioned the World health Organization formula, I told her that it seems like it got lost in the mail somewhere.
They said that the 12-24 month clothes fit Sophia but not Liliana. They are too big for her.
Sophia was doing her usual standing in the walker but when I got close to her she lifted her arms so I can pick her up. That was so sweet. Dr. L is worried about her because she is turning 16 soon. She asked how close they are in the adoption process. Sophia was having a great day today, lots of smiles. They also said that she is eating really well.
Liliana was moving around a lot today in her crib and got really quiet when I picked her up. I really hope she stays there. I hope for all three to stay there but Liliana especially."


Please pray for these children, I am only a few days away from holding them. I am sorry they would not allow any pictures of the girls to be taken by Sasha. I will take many when I am there.

7 comments:

  1. Jenny, I am praying for your girls! I weep when I read about them...Praying for your travels and the children you must leave at home. So thankful for the hospital, the doctor, Sasha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness :(( I am so glad for the extra care but crying because of such severity of need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your story and i am so glad to see a positive update on the girls! I will pray that they hang on tight until you can get to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am most definitely praying for these precious children!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for your children who are so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following your story with prayer and hope for you and your children and this upcoming journey! God be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your travels and children right now. God go with you!

    ReplyDelete